AND HERE IS WHY!
1. Magnesium is vital in human metabolism, needed for over 300 biochemical reactions.
2. Magnesium is formed in stars with a mass of eight or more our suns. 😮
3. Magnesium is the second most abundant metal in seawater.
4. Our bodies need the correct amount of magnesium in our diets for us to sleep properly. If it’s too high or too low, we can suffer from sleep disturbance.
5. The cells of a healthy heart contain ten times the amount of magnesium found in blood.
6. Magnesium absorption occurs in the small intestine and begins as early as 1 hour after ingestion in the jejunum, but primarily occurs in the ileum, or “distal” intestine.
7. The average American diet contains barely over 50% of the US RDA of magnesium.
8. Roughly 75% of U.S. adults consume less than the recommended daily allowance (RDA) of magnesium 😱😱😱
9. 50% of cases of magnesium deficiency may go unrecognized due to statistical errors in serum magnesium testing.
10. 65% of intensive care patients are deficient in magnesium.
11. Over three dozen prescription medications interfere with magnesium absorption and retention in the body, including some antibiotics, diuretics, allergy and asthma medications, and chemotherapy treatments.
12. Absorption of magnesium supplements varies. Magnesium oxide, the most common form of magnesium supplement found in drug stores, has been found to have only a 4% absorption rate. 28 Other forms of magnesium supplements, however, including magnesium chloride, have been found to have much higher rates of absorption due to their higher solubility in water.
#ancientminerals (most of these facts acquired from @ancient.minerals